Monday, October 01, 2007

Cardio!!!!


Well, we have had a new addition to our family! Sophia! Just look at her isn't she cute. But I am walking her at least once a day ... sometimes twice a day. I had slacked off since our older dog Shelby who is now 13, didn't need walked as much. Now even she is complaining about all the walking. My husband and I take a late night walk around 9:30 and Shelby whines the whole way. She says things like,"That puppy came along and my pack leaders think I need to walk more. Don't they realize I'm in my 80's?" (Of course we are the only ones that can hear her.)
Now you may ask what does that have to do with Cardio? Well, lots. I have been walking so much more and I think I'm losing weight. My clothes are fitting better and my legs are looking smoother. As much weight lifting and aerobics I do, one wouldn't think that a little walking the dog would truly improve my fitness, but it has.
So what do I say?
Do it all and you need it all! You need cardio, strength training, pilates/core training, balance training, relaxation (yoga, etc ..) and then of course add some walking in to your daily routine; your house might be a mess but you'll have a great body.

1 comment:

Tracie Butka said...

Hey, glad you are back! I have missed reading your blog. I could not agree with you more about needing it all carido, weights, walking etc. The house work will be there when you are done.