Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Loving the body God gave you.

First let me say I'm not giving anyone a pass here just to do what you want and eat whatever because ... that is the body you were given at birth.

We are all born with a body that will grow up to be different in bone structure, shape and muscular frames. Some of us can work hard eating right and exercising several times a week while still finding it hard to look like we do anything healthy.

So what do we do? How do we live with the body we inherited from our moms and dads? And love it?

The first thing I do is to do the best I can do to stay healthy with eating right and exercise. The next thing is to realize that aging is a process that we all experience. I accept where I am while taking care of my skin. I stay out of the sun as much as possible and I use lots of wrinkle cream for my face and body cream for the rest of me. Then I go to the Word of God. When I read verses in Psalm 139 I know that the Father made me carefully and wonderfully. I am made this way for a purpose ... His purpose. Right there in that Psalm are enough reasons to learn to love my body. I have found that if I can see myself the way the Lord does then I will find it easier to love myself inside and out. The Lord cares more about what my inside than the outside because my soul is the eternal part. But I still think that the outside is important because my appearance is the world's first impression of a believer in Christ and I want to be a good witness for Him.

So do what you can to take care of what God has given you cause you only have one body. Then work on the inside by loving God and those around you. Serve those who need your help and even those whom you don’t think need your help or deserve it. Believe it or not if you serve others lovingly you will find that you like, maybe even love yourself a whole lot more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister, did you know that astrology is a occult and dangerous thing which children of God should better keep up with? It gives way to demonic powers to occupy certain parts of your life.

I like your way of putting things in perspective on JCR's weblog.

May God bless you.
Jacob

Drama Queen Of The Fitness World said...

Thanks for you comments. I really enjoy JCR perspective.

About the astrology??? I don't think I have any contol over the site's putting that on my profile. They just add my year of the rooster too.

I do not put any validity in that. In fact Greater is He that is in me that he that is in the world. I don't live in fear.

God bless you too!