Tuesday, August 08, 2006

These Lazy Days of Summer???

I have never known the lazy days of summer! That is what vacaiton is for!

Busy summers have always been part of my life for as long as I can remember. It seems that as soon as I get a break I have something else to do. How can I keep up the pace without being stressed-out? That is where eating right and getting enough rest becomes important.

Eight hours of sleep at night is what most of us need to make it through our long days. If you have trouble sleeping at night try reading before going to bed. Mysteries and horror stories are not the most relaxing. Reading a devotional or the Bible can be great way to unwind.

Eating healthy is such a chore today as we are always going, going, going. Taking healthy snacks like protein bars, fruit or cut up vegetables in a small cooler will aid in taking the edge off and lessen the temptation to stop at fast food joints. Also it is good to eat protein in the first hour after waking up to rev the body’s metabolism.

No comments: