Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Mandy Pitinkin ... Gideon the best of the best!

Ok so I could go on about soy or GMO's .. but another day... right now I'm obsessing over Mandy Pitinkin!  Not only can the man act, is passionate about Israel, BUT he can SING ... and my favorite song of all times. Over The Rainbow!  I love his voice.  Over the Rainbow
My husband and I are presently watching season one of Criminal Minds.  I know why Mandy left and I do understand his thinking but if his counterpart is working anywhere with the FBI;  then the thought that comes to mind is that, I am so thankful for those whom are working the horrific crimes and hopefully solving them.
As far as Mandy's acting.  It is superb!  The connection he makes with his fellow actors and audience is wonderful.  Although Joe Mantegna, (David Rossi) is good ... Mandy as Gideon is a much better character.  Being an actor myself, I know the concentration it takes to create a character so real that the audience has to believe that they truly exist somewhere in the world.  Mandy has done that with Gideon. When the actor creates a character so real he/she takes it all home and so my guess is that played a role to his decision to leave.  I would love a showdown with Rossi and Gideon, as they meet some old unsub that both have investigated.  I would love to be that unsub of course, who wouldn't! 
It would be great just to see him return and I believe would bring a wonderful refreshment to the show.  I know Spencer would love him around, even if for a couple of shows.  CBS can you do it?  Convince Mandy he should return?

No comments: