Friday, August 31, 2012

CONTROL

We are losing control in our world ... everywhere we look people are out of control, spending, eating, gaming, working, etc.  I could go on forever.  What is it that is facilitating this "out of control" world?  Lack of purpose, diet, society?  Maybe all and even more!

But all the while we are out of control ourselves we are still trying to control things around us.  In the past our family was involved with a very controlling family.  They wanted to get us out of their lives and we really didn't care one way or the other but instead of just ignoring us, they went out of their way to make life terrible for us.

Yes strange ...  I know

(there is a lot more to this story but I won't go into it here.  You will probably read about it in "It Takes Two" since it was a real trouble spot in our marriage.)

I have just met a young person recently whom has some depression and other medical issues.  I'll call this person, Jordan, since that name is neither male nor female and their identity will be protected.

Jordan is the oldest in his/her family and I truly believe the parents do not want to let go.  Why?  Because letting your children grow up is a sign that you are getting old.  Jordan's age is early 20's past 21 and Jordan wants to get on with his/her life, but because of the medical and depression issues the parents find it necessary to control their child's every move.  Even to the point of shipping them off to a medical facility.  Now I'm not saying they shouldn't go .. but what I am saying is if Jordan agreed to go then let him/her live their life.

Help your child make decisions even if means letting them make wrong decisions.  Now I know depression is a hard thing to watch your child go through ... I have watched it .. and I myself have gone through it, but really you will never make it out of the pit, unless you take a leap of faith.  

The fact that these parents are continuing to control Jordan and his/her coming and goings means only that they continue to facilitate the very thing they want to stop.  Jordan feels like if things go wrong they will be his/her fault because that is what Jordan's Mom told him/her.

So what does this have to do with diet?  Or God?

I'm glad you asked that! 

 ... first we need to find our security in God.  When we lean on Him for our every need and desire. Our need to control then goes away ... we know He is in control.  And what better BEING, than God, for us to allow to control our lives then the creator of universe.

If Jordan's parents had faith they could let go of Jordan, knowing that God loves Jordan more than they do ... You know when I realized that Jesus loved my kids more than me ... I was like ...

wait a minute ... that is impossible ... I gave up my body for nine months then another couple of years to nurse them, then 18-23+ more to help them grow up ... in fact I'm not done!

The Lord spoke to me only 4 words ...

"I died for them."

Ok ...I said you win ...
I love the Lord ... so few words but such great meaning ...

The other area .. diet ...

our food source is getting worse and more contaminated with GMOs, pesticides, chemicals, antibiotics, drugs, ... the list goes on ... and so ... without proper nutrition our bodies do not work properly ... our brains can not think or process things properly ... so we make bad decisions ...

What to do?

Detox, Detox, Detox ...
Read labels
Stay away from GMOs
Stay away from processed foods
Stay away from sugar, conventional meats, and vegetables, gluten, soy .... EAT RAW! 

I know this is hard ... but you will feel better ... and if you can't knock these things out ... then Detox ... more ...

And oh ....

                take a leap of faith!  


No comments: