Monday, October 16, 2006

That is the Question!

To Class or not to class!

Can you get as good of a workout at home as you can at a class?

Well, I think everyone is different. I personally need a class. If I workout at home I have the temptation not to work as hard. My muscles start to burn and I quit, but when I'm at class I keep going. I know there has been times when I thought, "I can't do anymore!" (especially hydrants with weights) But I knew I had four more to que and I kept going. So for me I would say I need a class. I would workout at home if I had too, but I prefer a class.

Now I have a friend who can workout at home or in a class and get the same intensity. She is one highly motivated lady and she looks great. So for someone like her, it would be, whatever fits in to their schedule.

Classes can be fun or they can be boring. I think that is up to the instructor. She or he needs to interject humor at times. It helps us to forget the pain. My ladies threaten me when they are really in pain and I love it cause everyone gets a good laugh.

Since I teach a class, I guess I might be partial to attending a group fitness class. I personally think you can get a better workout at a class than at home and here are a few reasons:

You Have A Motivator ... the instructor will keep you going even if you want to quit

Camaraderie With Others ... chances for building friendships

Variety Of Experiences ... more challenging exercises with new ideas

More Room ... not confined to a small livingroom

Continuous 60 Minute Intensity ... no interruptions, no kids, no phones, no doorbells, no food temptations, no computer, ... I could go on & on & on

Get Out Of The House ... you get out, sometimes just getting out of the house can give a sense of well-being

Seems To Go Quick ... when you are with a group, the time seems to go quicker and just is more enjoyable to be with people

Fellowship ... in the class I teach we pray and share encouraging stories

There are eight good reasons to attend a class ...

Ok if I must, I can think of a few to exercise at home ...

Convenience ... sometimes we can't get to a class or it just doesn't fit our schedule

Privacy ... we just aren't ready to venture out to a class full of women who have been exercising for years together

Do What You Prefer ... You pick the tape or the music

That's It ... I can't think of anymore reasons to exercise at home

Clearly (according to this blog) the best place to exercise in a group setting. At least there is more drama there and you might get a laugh or two!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where are your evening classes held? Now that I am supposed to be off at 5:00 (yeah right), I could perhaps get to one! If you don't mind, could you email me at "unfinishedwork at gmail.com"?

Anonymous said...

So where are your evening classes held? Now that I am supposed to be off at 5:00 (yeah right), I could perhaps get to one! If you don't mind, could you email me at