Thursday, October 05, 2006

Who sang that song anyway?

Feelings .... Feelings... nothing more than feelings. That old song brings back so many memories. It was one of my favorite songs in junior high. I think because I needed to hear the truth in the lyrics of the song. Because most of the time that is all they are ... just feelings.

I am so tired and I have just worked out. I feel so fat! Now my mind knows that I am not fat but I feel fat. Why do we women feel fat all the time. Ok some days I feel good. I wish I could feel good everyday. I wish I never felt fat. Fortuntely I did not eat chips tonight. That would make me feel guilty.

Sometimes we have to tell ourselves that our feelings are false. Feelings can cause us to do things that we really don't want to do. When I feel fat I tend to eat more than I need.

Feelings ...

Feelings cause us to think things about other people. If someone is having a bad day and maybe they don't look us the right way we might feel like, "wow that person must be mad at me." Really no one is mad, it is just they are having a bad day.

Feelings can fool us. Fool us into believing that certain people don't like us or fool us to think that we can eat anything we want. Sometimes feelings tell us that we shouldn't eat and then we don't eat only to starve and then over-eat later.

You know I try to do everything I can to be healthy and look good as I age. Talking myself out of bad feelings is a chore but it is so needed. We need to talk to ourselves and think on good things. I try to remember the good things I do for myself. Like eating healthy, exercising and getting enough rest.

In Philippians, Paul exhorts us to think about good things. Check this out!

"Finally, friends, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

Push those bad feelings away. They are only there because we have invited them to stay awhile.

They are just feelings...

3 comments:

Tom said...

Dear Drama Queen. I'm always amazed at how much our feelings have to do with what we get done in life. Most of what I've gotten done I didn't feel like doing but got it done any way. Feelings are not the truth about us. Paul makes it very clear. Think on those things that lift us up not on the negitive feelings that want to bring us down. Satan the author of lies. Jesus Christ the author of truth and life itself.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Great stuff here. As fall turns into winter it's easy to get stuck in dreary feelings. I came home up 3 lbs from vacation, so reading your post was just what I needed. Glad I finally found you again! PS Youre NOT fat, good grief!

Drama Queen Of The Fitness World said...

Just to clarifly ... I don't think I'm fat.

Well, not today anyway! What woman doesn't feel fat sometimes.

God Bless!