Thursday, August 07, 2014

Guarantees

A question I am often asked when people come for the first time to my classes; "Can you guarantee results if I join your exercise class?" 

That is a good question and I would love to answer with a resounding YES!  But I can't, ...

I have no control on the students that come to my class when they leave.  Like what they will do with the rest of their day, what they might eat or drink.  So I can't guarantee what results they might have.  In fact now that I think about it I have a limited amount of control on students while they are in my class.  Maybe they won't exercise to their fullest potential or maybe they will talk and not really exercise.  Maybe the size of weights they are using aren't appropriate for their abilities.  

Guarantees come with appliances, electronics, ... etc. And I think they are called limited warranties.  I can't give them out for results in exercise, even limited ones. 

I really wish life came with a guarantee ... Like if I didn't like how my nose looked, I could return it for a new one.  I know I could have a nose job but there isn't a guarantee that I would even like my nose after that and returning your nose job isn't as easy as returning something to the mall.    

I used to find myself seeking a guarantee from God.  A guarantee that I was doing exactly what He wanted me to do.  I wanted to be that person that impacted people's lives.  I wanted to make people feel special.  But I find that with each passing day I'm more confused to what God wants me to do.  In fact I feel like I'm in a slump, like I'm not doing anything for HIM.   

I don't think there are any guarantees in Christian Life ... 

The only guarantee we have is this ... 

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."  Deuteronomy 31:6 

One last thing ... Happy 32nd Anniversary to my wonderful husband!  He is an inspiration! 


No comments: