Monday, August 04, 2014

Hurry Up and Wait!

Life is pretty routine and my circle books are continuing to encourage me to pray through.  I'm waiting on God for something BIG.  About 35 days ago God laid an important prayer need for our family on my heart, and with the help of The Circle Maker and Draw the Circle, I have been focusing my prayers in this special direction.  I have learned very much about myself and prayer as I am now heading towards my next forty days.  

I've come to the conclusion that prayer is much like air travel... Hurry UP and WAIT!


Hurry up to the airport   
Hurry up to check your bags  
Hurry up through security  
Hurry Up to the Gate

...

SIT AND WAIT 
...

And so it is with prayer ... Hurry up pray and then Wait ... Hurry up pray and then wait ... 

I want God to be more that those expert Air Travelers... you know them, they show up to the gate right before boarding begins, calm, cool, and collected.  They know just how long each step takes from getting to the airport and to the gate.  But as it is with God, air travel, most of the time is not a guarantee even for those seasoned travelers. You can be on the plane, in your seat, cell phone off, headphones in, and the tower brings everything to a halt. Praying through my circumstances can be just that, sitting on the tarmac waiting for God to say GO!

Those seasoned travelers are the first to get impatient, they start to complain, worry, and become angry.  Their cool, calm, collected demeanor is gone!  I can easily get that way too with praying through and hard.  I want everything now and think that praying 40 days is like praying 40 years.  I hear myself saying to God ... come on already!  

I'm praying with a determination to pray as long as it takes, even it it takes longer than I ever imagined.  I know that God is not my genie in a bottle, I know that my prayer needs to be in line with God's will.  And knowing myself and understanding my relationship with God~ I don't think I would last 40 days of praying for one thing unless it was God's will.  So looking back on past prayers and answers will help determine if I'm praying  God's Will or just asking for something to make my life more comfortable.  I personally believe my stamina would give out if I wasn't praying God's will.  Let's see how the next 45 days go ... I will be blogging everyday.  Wait in prayer with me! 


If you want to read those books The Circle Maker and Draw the Circle they are written by Mark Batterson



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts