Friday, April 07, 2006

Acting Lesson

Have you ever said, "I'm throwing in the towel." Have you ever just sat on the couch and watch fitness tv? When I get up I would just rather sit and surf the net or read a good book. I don't want to go and exercise, especially if it is raining. Since I'm the instructor I can't stay home. So exercise becomes a priority. It is my work. You would never think of missing a day of work or skipping one of your kids special programs at school. That is the way you should look at exercise. Look at your daily workout as a job or a special appointment that you can't miss. We have a dentist that charges us for the appointment if we miss the appointment. Well, we missed once and never again. Change you thinking about working out and make it a priority. Now here is where the drama comes in; there is a technique in acting called, "the magic if." You ask yourself the question, "What if I were in those circumstances?" So now ask yourself this question; "What if I was the instructor?" OR "What if my instructor charged me if I didn't show up?" Now pretend that it is true. Guess what you are acting!

No comments: