Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Holiday Time

Life is a funny thing. We do things that we want don't want to do even though we don't want to do them. Does that make sense? Here let me give you an example. I think healthy living is important but I don't always live healthy. I eat junk food and ice cream. I can only be so disciplined. The hardest time is Holiday time. It takes me away from my normal eating habits. I go to family parties and I find so much food. Why? Because we never think we will have enough food and so we make more then we need. How does someone who wants to live healthy but falls to temptation live disciplined? You take everyday one day at a time, one party at a time or one holiday at a time. I start each day new and try to forget about the past but not enough that I might do it again. One thing I have decided to do this Easter is to only have one plate of food. I will be careful not to overload it and will allow myself a small desert. On Easter Sunday when we go to the buffet I will load up on salad, with a lite dressing. I believe that planning this before hand may help me not to overeat. But I guess we will see ... cause I have never made these plans before. I'll let you know if planning for healthy eating works!

No comments: